This homemade coffee creamer recipe is rich and creamy and requires only four ingredients. Once you've made it, you'll never buy store-bought creamer again—I guarantee it!
I have a soft spot for coffee creamer, which comes in different flavors and is usually placed next to the milk in the grocery store. The reason I love using creamer is because it adds both cream and sugar to my coffee at once.
Why Should You Make Coffee Creamer?
I'm sure you're curious about why making creamer from scratch is such a big deal. Let me tell you a little story.
After living in Turkey for almost three years, I returned to the States and was excited to add those delicious coffee creamers to my morning coffee routine again.
However, when I finally got a bottle and added a swig to my coffee, the result was pure nastiness. It tasted like chemicals! How could I have ever liked it before? It was clear that my tastebuds had become unaccustomed to processed foods.
It would be best if you made your coffee creamer because it tastes better and is better for you.
I came across this recipe on TikTok by Lauren. She shared a great idea of how to use ingredients that you already have to make a simple yet delicious homemade coffee creamer.
I was impressed by the concept. Lauren initially used powdered milk (because that's what she had on hand). I made a slight tweak by using half & half, as well as, whole milk to the original recipe. The result is amazing!
Trust me, this is the best coffee creamer you will ever need!
Ingredients You'll Need
- Sweetened condensed milk: this ingredient is going to add all the sweetness to the creamer. It's important to note, the milkier the coffee, the sweeter it will be.
- Half & Half: I like the combination of half cream and half milk. I think that using pure cream could make the creamer too thick.
- Milk: whole-fat milk is preferred. However, it's okay to use almond, oat, or low-fat milk.
- Vanilla Bean: please try adding a vanilla bean to your coffee for a rich, satisfying taste with beautiful black speckles.
How to Make Coffee Creamer
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, half u0026 half, and milk into a bowl. Use a whisk to combine ingredients.
- Add a slit down the center of the vanilla bean. Open the slit and gently scrape the inside reaching the tiny, bead-filled paste. You can use a spoon or butter knife to do that.
- Add the paste to the milk ingredients and whisk until you have speckles of vanilla through the milk.
- Transfer the milk to a container (with a lid) and keep for up to 2 weeks.
Ways to Enjoy Homemade Coffee Creamer
There are so many ways to use this homemade coffee creamer recipe. Here are a few suggestions.
- Ice coffee: it mixes nicely. No chunks or anything. Smooth and creamy.
- Hot coffee—need I say more?
- Hot chocolate: add some to your hot cocoa recipes for a creamy vanilla touch.
- Tea: for rich creaminess.
- Baked goods: use a 1:1 ratio for all of your milk needs in any recipe.
More Crave-Worthy Drinks to Try
Strawberry Coconut Pink Drink Refresher: this is one of the most popular drink recipes on the site. It has fresh strawberries and creamy coconut.
Homemade Coffee Creamer (Vanilla Bean)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 16 ounces half and half
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, half and half, and milk to a large bowl. Use a whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Add a slit to the vanilla bean and scrape out the paste with a spoon or knife.
- Add the scraped vanilla paste to the milk mixture and whisk to combine. Mix until the beads are completely incorporated throughout.
- Transfer the homemade coffee creamer into your favorite bottle.
- Enjoy for up to two weeks.