This avocado toast is simple yet so delicious. It features creamy avocado spritzed with lime, spicy kimchi, and a fried egg right on top.
A quick and easy snack or breakfast any day of the week.
With my love for kimchi and avocado toast, this recipe makes sense.
Alternatively, if you are after a cold and healthy breakfast, try this Quinoa Breakfast Bowl with Blueberries and Almonds. And if you need to feed a whole family, my Italian Sausage Egg Bake is sure to satisfy everyone's appetite.
There are just a few modest ingredients, but this avocado toast packs so much flavor.
- Whole grain bread: The family's favorite, Dave's Killer Bread, has a wholesome texture that complements the ingredients.
- Avocado: Will be the creamy spread.
- Lime: A spitz onto the avocado will give a nice zippy touch.
- Kimchi: Homemade or store-bought will work.
- Egg: Free-range and pasture-raised, preferably.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Avocado Toast
Step 1: Add the avocado, juice of the lime, and a pinch of salt. Mash until creamy.
Step 2: Add 1 tablespoon of kimchi juice to the mashed avocado. Mix to combine.
Step 3: Fry the egg.
Sunny up eggs: Start by heating a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Drizzle olive oil into the skillet. Crack the eggs directly into the skillet, being careful not to break the yolks. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
Over easy egg: In a greased heated skillet, crack the egg directly into the pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny. Using a spatula, carefully flip the eggs and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Step 4: Toast the bread. Before the egg is finished, drop down the toast and cook to the desired crunchiness.
Building the Avocado Toast
- Place the piece of toast onto a serving plate.
- Spread and smear the avocado onto the toast using a fork to press into the nooks and crannies.
- Place kimchi right over the avocado.
- Top with an egg.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, Korean red pepper flakes (Gochugaru), fresh sprigs of cilantro, and more kimchi on the side.
Helpful tip: for a wholesome, filling breakfast, fry 2 eggs per serving, and add another slice of toast right on top for a Korean-inspired breakfast sandwich.
More Wholesome Breakfast Recipes
- Egg Muffins with Greek Feat and Tomato
- Spinach and Sweet Potato Egg Bake
- Breakfast Quinoa Bowl with Asparagus
- Easy Coffee Creamer Recipe
Avocado Toast with Kimchi and Fried Egg Recipe
- 1 large avocado
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 medium lime
- 1 tablespoon kimchi juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for frying the egg
- 2 large eggs
- 2 slices wholegrain toast
- ⅓ cup kimchi, juice drained, divided
- sesame seeds, Korean red pepper flakes, kimchi, and cilantro for garnish
Mash the Avocado
- Add the avocado to a small mixing bowl, then add the lime juice and a pinch of sea salt. Mash the ingredients together with a fork.
- Add the kimchi juice, mix with the fork to combine the ingredients, and place aside.
Fry the Eggs
- To cook eggs in a skillet, place it over medium heat and add some olive oil. For easy-up eggs, cook them for about 2-3 minutes until the whites are set, but the yolks are still runny. For over-easy eggs, cook them for about 2-3 minutes until the whites are set, but the yolks are still runny. Then, using a spatula, carefully flip the eggs and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking, put the bread slices in the toaster and cook them until they reach the desired level of toastiness.
Build the Avocado Toast
- Spread the seasoned avocado onto the toast using a fork, making sure to cover every nook and cranny.
- Add the kimchi.
- Place the fried egg onto the kimchi layer.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, Korean red pepper flakes, cilantro, and more kimchi on the side.
Looking for other crave-worthy recipes like this? Try these: