This Watermelon Radish & Avocado Salad is all-around crunchy, creamy from the avocado, and has a tangy molasses vinaigrette. Serve this salad with your favorite Mediterranean dinner or simply pack it for school or lunch.
I love crunchy, bitter watermelon radishes not only because they are gorgeous, but because they add crunch to any prepared salad. You can thin-slice it, dice it, or shred it. Today, we will dice them into small cute little cubes.
I like to dice all of the vegetables into the same size while making this salad. It will not only offer uniformity, but it will also allow you to obtain a small amount of each component in each mouthful.
The Secret to the Perfect Watermelon Radish Salad
The Secret Is to Dice All of the Veggies Small
- This is the most crucial step. Getting a little bit of each ingredient into one generous bite is essential. Also, the bigger the pieces, the longer you’ll have to chew. 😬
- Also, the dressing has a modest amount. Again, that’s to ensure that the salad doesn’t become too soggy and unpleasant.
Add the Avocado Right before Serving
- Or else you will be left with many brown avocado pieces.
Join the Community
Be a Crave-Worthy Pinterest Board contributor! Where you can SUBMIT, REPIN, and SHARE your favorite recipes.
How Long Does this Salad Last?
Feel free to store this salad in a container with a lid for no longer than 12 hours. I find that the cucumbers can tend to be less crunchy then and the avocados will brown.
More Crave-Worthy Recipes to Try
- Roasted Spiced Celery Root with Jasmin Rice
- Garlicky Cabbage and Carrot Yogurt Meze
- Authentic Kisir (Turkish Bulgur Salad)
- Creamy Avocado Cacik
- Turkish Tzatziki Sauce Recipe (Cacik)
Watermelon Radish & Avocado Salad
For the vinaigrette
Add the lemon juice, vinegar, molasses, oregano, salt & pepper, into a mixing bowl ( use a large bowl) and whisk together while drizzling in the olive oil.
Next, add the diced watermelon radish, onion, carrots, cucumber, cilantro, and avocado. Give a generous toss until all ingredients are completely covered in the dressing.
Finally, serve right away with any soup, main course, or store into the fridge for no longer than 12 hours or so. Enjoy!