This Vegetarian Hamburger Salad has become a staple in my kitchen. It’s not just delicious; it’s soul-satisfying. Even though this is a new dish, each mouthful brings back summer memories. That’s because the crisp pickles, onion, mustard, and herbs all scream backyard BBQ. It’s almost like if you’re eating a meatless hamburger.
The Secret to the Perfect Vegetarian Hamburger Salad Salad
The Secret Is to Not Add Too Much Liquid to the Bulgur
- This is the most crucial step. It’s important to add an equal ratio of 1:1 water to bulgur. Any extra water will leave the bulgur overly wet.
- Also, the dressing has a modest amount. Again, that’s to ensure that the salad doesn’t become too soggy and unpleasant. Light and fluffy are key.
Dice the Veggies around the Same Size
- I prefer to dice the onions, pickles, and cucumbers into small, uniform pieces. Because the vegetables are chopped fine, you receive a little bit of each component in each bite, which is essential for mouthfeel.
Join the Community
Be a Crave-Worthy Pinterest Board contributor! Where you can SUBMIT, REPIN, and SHARE your favorite recipes.
How Long Does this Salad Last?
Feel free to store this salad in a container with a lid for no longer than 48 hours. I find that the cucumbers can tend to be less crunchy then.
More Crave-Worthy Recipes to Try
- Roasted Spiced Celery Root with Jasmin Rice
- Garlicky Cabbage and Carrot Yogurt Meze
- Authentic Kisir (Turkish Bulgur Salad)
- Creamy Avocado Cacik
- Turkish Tzatziki Sauce Recipe (Cacik)
Vegetarian Hamburger Salad
For the Dressing
Add the bulgur to a large mixing bowl. Pour the boiling water over the bulgur, cover with a cloth, and allow to rest for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, dice the veggies and start making the dressing.
Make the dressing by adding mustard, honey, olive oil, oregano, Aleppo pepper, salt, and pepper into a bowl and whisk until a homogenized dressing forms.
When ready, fluff the bulgur with a fork (or I like to use my hands) until all balls are fluffy and light. Next, add the dressing and mix with a fork (or again, I like to use my hands).
Finally, add the diced veggies, and dill to the bulgur. Toss to combine. Enjoy right away or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.