Roasted Celery Root
Looking for a celery root recipe? Next time at brunch, make this super delicious, easy-to-make—Celery Root & Potato Hash. This medley is so flavorful and aromatic with all of the spices, herbs, and garlic.
Because I live in Turkey, I found that celery root, rather than celery stalk, is more commonly found. In fact, you won’t find the same robust, crisp stalks in our pazzars (Turkish bazaars) or markets as you would in your local grocery store.
Instead, you’ll find big white bulbs with wilted, short stems and a plethora of leaves. Surprisingly, when you do use the tops of the roots, you’ll find that what’s there is really strong and flavorful.
Here’s Why this Roasted Celery Root Recipe is Amazing
- Instead of only eating roasted potatoes, you’re eating half celery root too per serving—which means less carbohydrates for both of us.
- It’s a great way to sneak this new vegetable into your kids’ meals.
- It’s incredibly simple to make. Just handle it like a regular potato.
- It tastes delicious!
Tips For Roasted Celery Root
- When cutting the potatoes and the celery root (bulb), cut even-shaped dice for both. This will ensure that each bite has a little bit of both and more importantly, each ingredient will finish cooking at the same time.
- It’s best to peel the outer layer of skin with a vegetable peeler. If you use a knife, you’ll end up cutting off too much.
- I like to put all of the ingredients into a bowl and give a generous toss before transferring everything to a baking dish. This step will ensure that each ingredient is seasoned to its full potential before baking.
- You can totally add diced zucchini, carrot, or red onion to bulk it up.
Serve this as a side dish with any breakfast, scrambled eggs in the Mediterranean style, or hashbrowns. You can also serve this during your next brunch event.
More Mediterranean Breakfasts I know you’ll love
I hope you love this Celery Root Recipe as much as my family.
Roasted Celery Root
Roasted Celery root and Potatoes diced and spiced with the perfect amount of seasoning and baked until golden brown and aromatic.
Preheat the oven to 200°C or 400°F
Next, add the diced onion, potatoes, and celery root to a large mixing bowl along with the olive oil, spices, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss generously until the ingredients are fully covered in the seasoning.
When ready, drizzle olive oil to the bottom of your baking dish and spread it around until the bottom is evenly coated. This will ensure no sticking (optional).
Transfer the ingredients to the baking dish—spread it out to ensure even baking. Place it in the oven uncovered and bake it for 45-50 minutes, toss the potatoes and celery root around every 15 minutes to ensure all sides get nice and golden brown.
Serve as a side dish to any breakfast menu. Enjoy while hot. Garnish with fresh oregano or parsley.